POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I want hollydays ! : Re: I want hollydays ! Server Time
19 Aug 2024 20:10:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I want hollydays !
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 19 Nov 2000 20:12:11
Message: <3A187ADB.436E0CA1@interlog.com>
Pascal Baillehache wrote:

> > They don't "wet" the paper in way.
>
> yes I've thought at putting water on the real paper sheet I've scanned and
> finally didn't do it but it would be easily to make it ...
>
> Baillp

I'm not exactly sure how to model paper that is "wet".  I think a
numerical approach to some viscous fluid flowing via capillary action
within a fibre based substance would be required.  On the other hand an
exact model is rarely required for artistic purposes and maybe just a
grey region around the water puddle would suffice.

Dennis